Saturday 10 April 2010

I'm nearly famous

I finally completed the text for my e-book on public speaking. This was my first real attempt at writing and I am rather pleased with it. As I read through it last night I spotted at least a dozen errors so it will be a few days before it is ready for release.


Writing this book was a brilliant exercise. I set myself a limit of 1,000 words on each section. I discovered that in some sections I had to cut myself short and be really succinct and to the point. In other sections I was struggling to reach a thousand words.

I now have to analyse this and decide whether it is a lack of knowledge on my part that made me struggle to reach 1,000 words, or is it that those sections simply didn't merit any more.

The same applies to the sections that I had to rein in. Is it poor writing on my part, or is it that these sections require a lot more information to be imparted.
By the time I investigate these issues, I hope to have enough material and sense of direction to write a "proper" book on public speaking.

The e-book will be available sometime next week, from http://www.bespeak.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments as this will help me to focus my postings on what the readers want