Tuesday 23 June 2009

Speak Up

Public Speaking is reckoned to be the number one fear for most people. So why is it that there are so many quality Public Speakers? Do they have no fear? Most speakers that I know (including myself) suffer from nerves before they speak in front of an audience. The trick is in not showing it.

From time to time I will publish some tips on public speaking in this blog as well as publishing articles on my web site www.bespeak.co.uk

Overcome those nerves. Act confident be confident. Walk to the podium slightly faster and more deliberately than you usually would. This makes you look keen to get get started. Pause for a second or two and make eye contact with the audience. Smile and deliver your opening line, which you will have rehearsed to perfection. Get this right and the rest is plain sailing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments as this will help me to focus my postings on what the readers want